On this special episode, Mark will answer questions about the breaking news that Justice Samuel Alito has written a draft majority opinion overturning Roe v. Wade. Politico is reporting that a draft majority opinion written by Justice Alito has overturned Roe. This comports with speculation last week that Chief Justice Roberts wasn't writing the majority decision and Alito was. If true, Roberts will likely join the liberals in dissent. Some of the questions to be answered are:
- Is Roe overturned or is there still a final decision to be released?
- Why and how was the draft leaked to the media?
- Did the person break protocol/rules of the court?
- Will the conservative justices cave under the pressure and flip their votes?
- If one voted to overturn Roe but doesn’t join Alito’s decision, does his decision still stand as the majority one?
- What we will be we doing differently, if anything, when Roe falls?
- What steps will pro-abortion advocates be taking on the coming weeks and months?
When Roe officially falls, states would be divided into abortion deserts, where it would be illegal to access abortion, and abortion havens, where abortion would continue to be available.
Based on the Center for Reproductive Right’s analysis, if the Supreme Court were to overturn Roe, abortion would remain legal in twenty-one states.
See the map HERE: https://maps.reproductiverights.org/what-if-roe-fell
See a state-by-state abortion policy in the absence of Roe:
Between now and then, all of DC will be occupied with debates about packing the court, ending the filibuster, passing the Women’s Health Protection Act, and finding other means to circumvent the decision.
For more information on what you can do in a post-Roe America, tune into this episode: “Roadmap for a Post-Roe America.”
Please watch/listen, share and leave a five-star review of the podcast.
The Mark Harrington Show is on Mark’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube accounts. Mark’s show is broadcast on American Family Radio’s 180 stations and Salem Radio on Saturday in Ohio. The podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Podbean, Spotify, and all the popular podcast platforms as well as on Mark’s flagship website: MarkHarringtonShow.com